This blend addresses achy joints and limbs, which often get worse with cold weather.
In contrast to Herbsmith Impulsion with Vitality and Herbsmith Impulsion with Composure, this combination of herbs does not affect the whole body by increasing vitality or calming the spirit. This blend is for the balanced horse that is affected by joint discomfort associated with training and daily activity and with the colder winter months.
Flax Plus Impulsion is available in:
- 30 Day Supply
- (41 oz container)
- 60 Day Supply
- (82 oz container)
Behind the Formula
Herbsmith Impulsion is a modification of an ancient herbal blend to support joint health. These herbs address joint discomfort that often increases with cold weather and subsequently diminishes with warmth. This discomfort may also be accompanied by a sensation of heaviness and numbness in the limbs.
This joint discomfort is due to a local obstruction of Qi from the effects of wind, cold and dampness. The obstruction is called “bi”. The presence of wind is manifested in the change of positions either within the joint or between multiple joints. This bi also becomes more prevalent in cold weather. The numbness results from a combination of wind and dampness.
Direction for Use
(for 1000 lb. horse)Six tablespoons twice daily for the first 20 days. Then, administer six tablespoons daily thereafter. Six tablespoon scoop included.
Not for use in pregnant animals. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Not for use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
- Mulberry twig (sang zhi)
- Actions: Expel wind dampness, unblocks the channels, and benefits the joints.
- Kadsura stem (hai feng teng)
- Actions: Expel wind dampness, unblocks the channels, and addresses discomfort.
- Chinese Angelica Root (dang gui)
- Actions: Invigorates, tonifies, and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold in wind-damp obstructions.
- Notopterygium root (qiang huo)
- Actions: Releases to the exterior and disperses cold, unblocks obstructions and addresses discomfort.
- Pubescent Angelica root (du huo)
- Actions: Dispels wind and dampness in wind, cold and damp obstructions especially of the legs and lower back and addresses discomfort.
- Gentiana macrophylla root (qin jiao)
- Actions: Expel wind dampness.
- Frankincense (ru xiang)
- Actions: Breaks up blood stasis and helps address localized discomfort.
- Aucklandia (mu xiang)
- Actions: Supports the spleen which improves water balance and resolves dampness.
- Achyranthes root (niu xi)
- Actions: Invigorates the blood and expels blood stasis, strengthens the sinews and bones and benefits the joints by nourishing the liver and kidney which addresses discomfort of the lower back and legs, and clears damp heat manifested as obstruction of the lower back and legs.
- Ligusticum Lovage root (chuan xiong)
- Actions: Invigorates the blood, promotes the movement of Qi upward, expels wind and addresses discomfort.
- Cinnamon bark (rou gui)
- Actions: Improves the circulation of Qi and helps direct the actions of the other herbs to the extremities.
- Licorice root (zhi gan cao)
- Actions: Moderates spasms, addresses discomfort, and moderates and harmonizes the characteristics of the other herbs in the blend.
- Ground Flax Seed
- Contains Omega 3’s that support the health of joints, the cardiovascular system, and the skin/coat.