A Note Regarding COVID-19
The last few weeks have had quite an impact on families, businesses, and our communities. While we can’t be certain when this crisis will resolve, we do know that we’ll continue to be here to support you and your four-legged family members through the ever-changing situation.
We’re working diligently to ensure the health and safety of our employees while making sure the products your pets depend on are available, when you need it, in the safest way possible.
To do that, we have several procedures in place.
We are prioritizing the health of our workers and following the guidelines set by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We know how it spreads so to avoid exposure we’re taking steps to protect ourselves:
- Washing hands often
- Avoiding close contact
- Avoiding touching face, mouth, or eyes
And we’re taking steps to protect others:
- Our employees are encouraged to stay home if they’re sick
- We’re cleaning surfaces like counters, doorknobs, and highly trafficked areas
We follow strict Quality Control Standards including daily cleaning routines, frequent handwashing, and equipment sanitization.
- Every employee is trained on illness reporting as well as c-GMP standards.
- Break times are staggered, and work areas are segregated so production members are never in groups larger than ten at any given time.
- Every person in production is required to wear gloves so those are changed more frequently, and there’s been an increase in hand washing between glove changes.
- Smocks, crocs, hair nets, and scrubs are also required on the floor. Scrubs are cleaned daily to hospital standards.
- All surfaces are wiped, cleaned, and disinfected several times daily.
The facilities we work in are large enough that we’re able to practice social distancing, and because we’re also a small company, the number of workers on the production floor doesn’t exceed 20 at any one time.
As we navigate through these challenging times, it can serve as a reminder that we’re all in this together. We have an opportunity as individuals, families, communities, to protect and support one another, so please, take care of each other.
And take care of your mental health, too. Gather up your adventure partner and go for a short walk, if you can. Take time to connect and reflect as spring arrives; it will make us all feel a bit better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Herbsmith doing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic?
We are closely following updates from the CDC and WHO and will adjust accordingly should their protocols change.
Will there be delays in orders?
No, at this time we’re confident that our small but mighty team will continue to provide the goods that you and your pack depend on.
Do you plan on closing in the near future?
No. For the foreseeable future we will continue day-to-day operations. We will continue following all CDC guidelines as a company and individually with our vendors, employees, and our customers. We will, of course, respond accordingly to the changing landscape.
We’re committed to the wellbeing of our team, to you, to your four-leggers and we’ll continue to do everything we can to be there during these trying times. If there are any more questions or concerns, do reach out. We’ll be here
Still Have Questions About How We Are Handling COVID-19?
We would love to help answer your question! Please enter it in the field to the right and we will reach out shortly.