This blend is for joint discomfort, achy limbs, and muscle aches and discomfort that often result from normal training and everyday activities. For a horse with spooky behavior, restlessness, or irritability, the herbs in Herbsmith Impulsion with Composure also have a calming effect. This blend is used to support joint and limb health in the horse that is too excitable and easily over-stimulated. The resolution of the discomfort is often accompanied by a calmer and easier to handle temperament.
Flax Plus Impulsion with Composure is available in:
- 30 Day Supply
- (41 oz container)
- 60 Day Supply
- (82 oz container)
Behind the Formula
Herbsmith Impulsion with Composure is a modification of an ancient herbal blend to support joint health. These herbs address joint discomfort that often increases with cold weather and subsequently diminishes with warmth. This discomfort may also be accompanied by a sensation of heaviness and numbness in the limbs.
This joint discomfort is due to a local obstruction of Qi from the effects of wind, cold and dampness. The obstruction is called “bi”. The presence of wind is manifested in the change of positions either within the joint or between multiple joints. This bi also becomes more prevalent in cold weather. The numbness results from a combination of wind and dampness.
Directions for Use
(for 1000 lb. horse)Six tablespoons twice daily for the first 20 days. Then, administer six tablespoons daily thereafter. Six tablespoon scoop included.
Not for use in pregnant animals. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Not for use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
- White Peony root (bai shao)
- Actions: Calms, curbs, softens and comforts liver yang and addresses discomfort in the feet and legs from constrained liver yang, nourishes the blood, and preserves the yin.
- Chinese Angelica Root (dang gui)
- Actions: Invigorates, tonifies, and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold in wind-damp obstructions.
- Fresh Rehmannia root (sheng di huang)
- Actions: Clears heat, cools blood, nourishes yin, generates fluids, and cools upward blazing of heart fire.
- Persica, Peach kernel (tao ren)
- Actions: Breaks up blood stasis and moistens intestines.
- Atractylodes rhizome (cang zhu)
- Actions: Dries dampness in achy joints in which damp heat is pouring downward of leg Qi and expels wind dampness.
- Achyranthes root (niu xi)
- Actions: Invigorates the blood and expels blood stasis, strengthens the sinews and bones and benefits the joints by nourishing the liver and kidney which addresses discomfort of the lower back and legs, and clears damp heat manifested as obstruction of the lower back and legs.
- Chinese Clematis root (wei ling xian)
- Actions: Promotes the movement of Qi to unblock channels (meridians) and addresses discomfort, dispels wind-dampness, and raises the threshold of discomfort.
- Aged Tangerine peel (chen pi)
- Actions: Promotes movement of Qi (especially downward), prevents stagnation, dries dampness, and transforms phlegm.
- White Poria, China root (fu ling)
- Actions: Leaches out dampness, strengthens the spleen functions, transforms phlegm, quiets the heart, and calms the spirit.
- Ligusticum Lovage root (chuan xiong)
- Actions: Invigorates the blood, promotes the movement of Qi upward, expels wind and addresses discomfort.
- Stephania root (han fang ji)
- Actions: Eliminates dampness or tenderness in the limbs, and expels wind-damp-heat collecting in the channels (which is seen as mild heat and swelling around the joint).
- Notopterygium root (qiang hou)
- Actions: Releases to the exterior and disperses cold, obstructions and addresses discomfort.
- Ledebouriella root, Siler (fang feng)
- Actions: Expels wind, releases the exterior, and addresses discomfort.
- Chinese Gentian root (long dan cao)
- Actions: Drains damp heat and pacifies excessive liver fire.
- Chinese Angelicae root (bai zhi)
- Actions: Expels wind and addresses discomfort.
- Licorice root (gan cao)
- Actions: Moderates spasms, addresses discomfort, and moderates and harmonizes the characteristics of the other herbs in the blend.
- Ground Flax Seed
- Contains Omega 3’s that support the health of joints, the cardiovascular system, and the skin/coat.