The herbs in this blend are used to naturally support the vitality of the horse while managing exhaustion. Whether your horse is in training, trailered around the state or country, showing, or racing, this blend will invigorate the horse’s vitality and excitement about life. It can also be used to proactively manage exhaustion or excessive fatigue when you know the going will be rough.
Herbsmith Energy naturally supports vitality by allowing the body to maximally utilize the horse’s daily nourishment. Therefore the response is a gradual progression to liveliness and overall maintenance of health.
Flax Plus Energy is available in:
- 30 Day Supply
- (42 oz container)
- 60 Day Supply
- (84 oz container)
Behind the Formula
From a Chinese perspective, Qi is the vital energy, or flame, of life. Fatigue results from the depletion of Qi. The herbs in this blend are used to support a normal level of Qi. The spleen is considered to produce Qi from the food the horse eats. When overworked, poorly fed or heavily stressed, spleen Qi becomes deficient. Herbs in this blend maintain spleen Qi and all the spleen functions to, in turn, support the overall level of Qi in the entire body.
Direction for Use
(for 1000 lb. horse)Six tablespoons twice daily for the first 20 days. Then, administer six tablespoons daily thereafter. Six tablespoon scoop included.
After use of Herbsmith Energy you may want to start Herbsmith Athlete ® to manage fatigue and prolong the energy.
Not for use in pregnant animals. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Not for use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
This is a warming and tonifying blend. Don’t use in easily excitable or irritable horses, or horses with fever of any origin. Not to be used for long term (i.e., not for longer than six months) and not a substitute for appropriate rest. If the horse becomes irritable following use please discontinue administration.
- Codonopsis root (dang shen)
- Actions: Spleen qi tonic, tonifies the middle burner, strengthens the Qi, and nourishes the fluids.
- Atractylodes rhizome (bai zhu)
- Actions: Strengthen spleen, dries dampness, and augments the Qi.
- Poria (fu ling)
- Actions: Strengthens spleen, leaches out dampness, and calms the mind and spirit.
- Licorice root (gan cao)
- Actions: Warms and regulates the middle burner, moderates spasms, addresses discomfort, and moderates and harmonizes the characteristics of the other herbs in the blend.
- Ground Flax Seed
- Contains Omega 3’s that support the health of joints, the cardiovascular system, and the skin/coat.