Flax Plus Athlete is available in:
- 30 Day Supply
- (44 oz container)
- 60 Day Supply
- (87 oz container)
Behind the Formula
Yang is generally described as outward, aggressive, active and essentially athletic in nature. Yin is described as inward, passive, fluids and essentially time-at-the-barn-relaxing in nature. This is a perfect blend for tonifying kidney and liver yin. When kidney yin is depleted due to stress, a general weakness of the skeletal system develops, especially in the lower back and legs. When liver yin is depleted the blood is affected and heat tends to be generated. Long-term yang to yin imbalance causes fatigue and increased susceptibility to other issues. In the athletic horse where yang is the primary nature, supporting the yin can provide the balance for optimal show performance and for general good health.
Direction for Use
(for 1000 lb. horse)Six tablespoons twice daily for the first 20 days. Then, administer six tablespoons daily thereafter. Six tablespoon scoop included.
After use of Herbsmith Athlete you may want to start Herbsmith Athlete ® to manage fatigue and prolong the Athlete.
Not for use in pregnant animals. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Not for use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
This is a warming and tonifying blend. Don’t use in easily excitable or irritable horses, or horses with fever of any origin. Not to be used for long term (i.e., not for longer than six months) and not a substitute for appropriate rest. If the horse becomes irritable following use please discontinue administration.
- Cooked Rehmannia root (shu di huang)
- Action: Strongly enriches kidney yin and essence.
- Cornus fruit (shan zhu yu)
- Actions: Nourishes the liver and restrains the leakage of essence.
- Chinese yam (shan yao)
- Actions: Stabilizes the essence by tonifying the spleen. The spleen is the source of postnatal Qi and is necessary to maintain essence.
- Poria (fu ling)
- Actions: Leaches out dampness from the spleen, strengthens the transporting functions of the spleen and prevents stagnation of fluids.
- Moutan bark (mu dan pi)
- Actions: Clears and drains liver fire.
- Alisma tuber (ze xie)
- Actions: Clears and drains the overabundance of kidney fire and manages the stagnation of fluids in the body.
- Ground Flax Seed
- Contains Omega 3’s that support the health of joints, the cardiovascular system, and the skin/coat.